Addis Ababa, the capital and largest city of Ethiopia
Addis Ababa is a considerably safe city, offers several tourist attractions and has a cool climate. For this reason, in this article, we name you the best hotels to stay in Addis Ababa.
First of all, we want to mention some of the places you should visit in the city:
- The Piazza area, where you can visit the Taitu Hotel (the oldest hotel in Ethiopia) and the Bet Georgis Cathedral.
- “Mercato“: the largest market in Africa.
- The Sheraton Hotel, the most beautiful and luxurious hotel in Africa.
- Churchill Avenue: quintessential shopping place.
- The National Museum.
Once named the essentials of the city, we want to inform you about the best hotels to stay in Addis Ababa.
Where to stay in Addis Ababa?
Addis Ababa is the city with more inhabitants of the country and therefore has a great hotel offer. Please, see below our hotel recommendations:
- Sheraton Hotel: it is located between the National Palace and the Prime Minister’s residence. The 5* hotel is very elegant as it mixes African refinement with modern accents. It has all kinds of facilities prepared for events and offers infinite services.
- Ghion Hotel: the hotel is famous for having hosted heads of state and other members of the government. Also, it was the jubilee palace of emperor Haile Selassie I. It offers some services like spa, swimming pool, conference rooms, restaurants, etc.
- Adot Tina Hotel: it is a 3* hotel located in the heart of the city. There are some types of rooms and a lot of amennities focused for business or tourist people.
- Panorama Hotel: it is not a hotel as luxurious as the previous ones, but it offers everything you need to enjoy an unforgettable stay. Also, the rooms are fully equipped with all home comforts.
Certainly, these are the best hotels to stay in Addis Ababa, but there are other interesting hotels like Hilton Hotel, Caravan Hotel, Intercontinental Hotel, Radisson Blue Hotel, Kersay, among others.
In conclusion, Ethiopia in general does not have many tourist attractions, but the ones it has are historical and cultural places.
When you organize a trip to Ethiopia, don’t forget to start with the first step: apply for an Ethiopian evisa. It is important to have an organized trip.