In this article, we would like to mention some of the reasons why should you visit Ethiopia as it is a country full of surprises and impressive places declared World Heritage Sites.
South Africa has some of the most beautiful places in the world but also totally unknown. Certainly, one of them is Ethiopia, a country with an important beauty unknown to many of us.
What does Ethiopia offer?
First of all, Ethiopia will allow you to:
- See the fossils of our great-great grandmother Lucy, the oldest human being ever found. This is located in the National Museum of Ethiopia in Addis Ababa.
- Visit the ancient monolithic churches carved in the rock of Lalibela and the orthodox Christian sanctuary Jerusalem of Africa.
- Practice trekking in the Simiens mountains enjoying its spectacular landscapes.
- Learn more about the pilgrimage through the churches and centuries-old temples in the Geralta caves, amid rock walls and steep copper-colored cliffs.
- Rent a boat on Wonchi Lake and enjoy its waterfalls, hot springs and beautiful valleys.
- Know the isolated tribes of the Omo Valley and their ways of painting and decorating their bodies, their hairstyles and the round plates on the lips.
On the other hand, apart from the tourist attractions, it is very important to know the culinary culture of the country. The local cuisine consists mainly of spices such as berber, mitmita and korerima. An interesting experience is to eat with the hands like the Ethiopians.
We recommend you to eat at Makush Gallery and in 2000 Habesha, both restaurants located in Addis Ababa.
In addition, you should buy Ethiopian coffee, famous for having a delicate and light taste. Certainly, it is considered one of the best coffees in the world.
Finally, we have tried to convey why should you visit Ethiopia and we hope you discover this wonderful place soon.